Due to the COVID-19 outbreak and to observe procedures from public health officials, the Montrose Combined Courts will have limited staffing and hours. Please be patient with us as we work to continue court business.
- Access to the building by the public is restricted.
- The Clerk’s Office phone number is (970) 252-4300. At that number, you are able to select an option to reach the clerk’s office and collections, probation, jury commissioner and the interpreter. Due to limited staffing, we may not be able to answer your call immediately.
- To the maximum extent possible, please communicate with the Clerk’s Office by submitting requests to email@example.com.
- There is a drop box located in the front of the Justice Center to drop items for the Clerk’s office. This box will be checked once in the morning, and once in the afternoon.
- Please include your full name, your current mailing address, and your current phone number.
- Besides protection orders, anything that you file with the Court must be provided to the opposing party and please indicate that you have done so in your pleading/request.
- Court form JDF 76, a blank motion form, is available on the Colorado Judicial Branch website at: https://www.courts.state.co.us/Forms/PDF/JDF%2076–%20Motion.pdf
- If you have an attorney, please be in contact with them regarding court dates.
- We have been continuing most court proceedings. You can check the date and time of upcoming court appearances on the Colorado Judicial Branch website at: https://www.courts.state.co.us/dockets/
- For emergency protection orders, please contact the Montrose County Sheriff’s Office at (970) 252-4023.
- A wide variety of forms and instructions are available on the Judicial Branch website at: www.courts.state.co.us
Notice Regarding COVID-19 (the “Novel Coronavirus”) and Court Operations:
The courts and probation department provide important and essential services to the public and we will endeavor to maintain normal operations to the fullest extent possible. We understand there is concern about COVID-19 and the 7th Judicial District is requesting that you PLEASE NOT COME TO THE COURTHOUSE, OR PROBATION OFFICE if: (1) you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 (“Novel Coronavirus”) and you have not completed the required public health mandated isolation; (2) you have been in direct contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past fourteen days; (3) you are experiencing a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or any other respiratory illness symptoms. Some individuals are in a high-risk group. These include those over 65 years of age or persons who have an underlying medical condition which increases their risk if they are exposed to the virus. This would also include any individual that may be in a household with any individual who may have underlying medical conditions which would increase the risk of being exposed. If you believe you are in any of these groups, please call the clerk’s office using the contact information below to request to reschedule your court date or request to appear by telephone if you are not represented by an attorney, or contact your attorney to file a request for a continuance or a telephone appearance. If you are subpoenaed as a witness in a case, please contact the attorney or party issuing the subpoena to explain the circumstances and discuss the options available. If you are summoned to report for jury duty, please contact the jury commissioner at (970) 252-4302 to reschedule your jury service. Please call to reschedule appointments with the probation department at (970) 252-4305.
Montrose Clerk’s Office
Phone : 970-252-4300
For matters at the Montrose Combined Court
For matters at the Montrose Associate Court in Nucla: